Much of the combat in Grendel's Revenge will be conducted through the use of special abiliities. A special ability is a feat or skill that you have particular training that can be improved over time. The special ability that all monsters gain on creation is called 'Tooth and Nail.' Tooth and Nail allows you to perform a basic attack that doesn't require any weapons. Each special ability that is related to combat will have its own unique command (like fire-breathing), but here are some general commands that you can use for combat.
- approach <target> or engage <target> -- For melee-range attacks and weapons, you need to approach your enemy to hit them.
- claw <target> -- Standard attack available to all monsters, but can only be used if a character is engaged in comat.
- engage <target> -- Same as "approach".
- retreat -- Move out of melee range from those that have approached you to attack.
- scan <direction> -- Acquire ranged-weapon (e.g. firebreath, missile weapon) targets in a particular direction. You can also scan up, if you want to shoot enemies in the sky or scan down if you are flying.
- shoot <target> -- Fire a missile weapon at an acquired target.
- wield <weapon> -- To use any weapon, you will need to wield it first.
Combat | Item Manipulation | Movement | Social Interaction | Environment
Home | Help Summary
Copyright ©1996-2002, Worlds Apart Productions, LLC