Here are some commonly-used commands to get you going:
- say <text> or "<text> -- Used to talk to someone.
- If George typed "Hi, everyone would see: George says, "Hi."
- emote<text> or :<text> Used to 'emote' (an emote allows a person to perform actions and refer to him or herself in the third person).
- If George typed :smiles happily, tipping his hat, everyone would see: George smiles happily tipping his hat.
- @commands -- Displays a list of commands available to you.
- look -- Examine your character's surroundings.
- logout -- Logs you off of the sytem from wherever you are.
- proclaim <text> -- Displays a message to the system administrators
- who -- Displays a list of users currently online
- stats -- Brings up a pop up window that shows your monster's various statistics
- @report -- Use this command to display a pop up window through to report bugs and problems with other players that require GM assistance.
- @request -- Use this command to ask anything, except bugs or discipline issues, to which you would like a response.
- @feedback -- Use this command to primarily to let you share information or opinions with the staff. Generally, these will not be replied to.
If you get a notice that you have mail in response to a bug @report or @request, you can check the mail on your self by typing "@mail on me". And read the mail by typing "@read #" (where # is the number of the message).
Movement is handled in several different ways:
- By using the cardinal directions: N, S, E, W, NE, NW, SE, SW, U(p), D(own)
- By interacting directly with a portal (like a door, archway, or stairs): Go <portal> or <direction> and you will go through the portal.
- You can also click on the lit navigational compass points on the map to move around.
Some other helpful links:
| Combat|| Covers information about fighting and battling opponents|
| Item Manipulation|| Information regarding getting, wearing, trading and managing items|
| Social Interaction|| Information regarding advanced communication with other players|
| Environment|| Information about how you can interact with the world around you|
| Movement|| More detailed information on how to get around the gameworld|
| Game Mechanics|| Information about the various aspecs of Grendel's Revenge|
General Mechanics | Getting Started | Commands | Credits | Backstory | Guidelines | Overview | Abilities | StoryPoints
Home | Help Summary
Copyright ©1996-2002, Worlds Apart Productions, LLC